We use our own and third-party cookies to improve our services and to analyze the use of our website. By continuing to browse this website and by sending your application you are agreeing to our terms and conditions, privacy policy and of use of cookies. Read more. + info

5th Floor Ma. Daniel Bldg.
470 San Andress cor M.H.
Del Pilar St. Malate, Manila,
Monday - Friday:
7:00 AM - 4:00 PM

General Guidelines

Where and how do I get an NBI clearance?

The NBI clearance that you must have is for Visa – Seaman. You can apply at the NBI Clearance Center (Victory Central Mall #717 Old Victory Liner Cmpd. Rizal Ave., Monumento, Caloocan City or at any NBI Satellite Offices, NBI Regional / District Offices and NBI Kiosk nationwide.For a detailed procedure on how to obtain the certificate and the fees to be collected, please see NBI website.

Where do I get a copy of my birth certificate?

Birth Certificates are requested from The Office of the Civil Registrar General of the National Statistics Office. You may apply personally or for your convenience, NSO is accepting online applications, payments can also be made thru banks.For more details, you can login to their website at http://www.e-census.com.ph

How can I get an SSS ID?

Every seafarer must have a Social Security System (SSS) ID as required by the Philippine Government. For more information on where to apply, the requirements and the forms to be filled-up, please log on to their website at http://www.sss.gov.ph

What is CAV? And where can I get it?

For College graduates, you can secure your CAV or Certificate of Authentication and Verification from the CHED office NCR or to the CHED office in the provinces, depending on where your school is located, please see their website at http://www.ched.gov.ph/services/students/cav.html. For High School Graduates, you can secure your CAV from DECS NCR – (located at the back of SM City – Annex, Quezon City or from any DECS offices in the provinces depending on where your school is located

Where and how do I apply for a Passport?

Application for passport is now online.Applicants may set an appointment by going on line http://www.dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/consular-services/passport or by calling 737-1000.Applicants are no longer required to bring photographs since they will have their picture taken using ePassport data capturing machines at DFA-OCA. OCA building is located at the corner of Macapagal Avenue and Bradco Street, Aseana Business Park.E-passport can be obtained through the different consular offices nationawide, click http://www.dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/about-the-dfa/rp-embassies-consulates-a-rcos/regional-consular-offices .

What is Basic Training Course? Where can I take this course get the course?

Individuals who wish to pursue a career in seafaring should complete a Basic Training Course (BT) training obtained from an accredited maritime training center duly approved by the Maritime Training Council, a division of the Philippine Overseas Employment Agency.The course covers the mandatory minimum requirements prescribed in Regulation VI/1, and Section A-VI/1 of STCW’95. The training lasts for one week lecture and one day actual training. It covers the following subjects:
  • Elementary First Aid

  • Personal Survival Techniques

  • Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting

  • Personal Safety and Social Responsibility

  • Medical Emergency

  • First Aid

For a list of accredited training centers, log on to http://www.mtc.gov.ph

What are the requirements to secure a Seaman’s Book (Seafarer’s identification and Record Book) for new applicants?
  • Transcript of Record (High School TOR for High School Graduates) (College TOR for College Graduates)

  • School Diploma (High School Diploma for High School Graduates ) (College Diploma for College Graduates)

  • Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV)

  • Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate

  • NBI Clearance – visa seaman

  • 2 pcs Passport size colored picture with white background

  • Basic Training Course Certificate

Where do I apply for a Seaman’s Book?

File your application together with the above requirements at the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA), located at Parkview Plaza, Kalaw cor Taft Ave, Manila.To know more about the requirements and procedures, you may login to their website at http://www.marina.gov.ph/faqs/default.aspx
Fred Olsen Cruise Lines
"Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines has defined and refined the cruise experience, and judging by the number of passengers that come back time and again, Fred Olsen Cruise Lines seem to have styled it to perfection."
Fred Olsen Crewing and Consultancy LTD
Yinson Production AS
“Yinson Production AS is committed to the highest standards with respect to Health, Safety and Environmental Protection and their objective is zero accidents throughout the operations.
Its vision is to become a preferred long-term partner for oil companies and/or oil field developers through a commitment to quality, adhering to long-term values and seeking continual improvement to the services it provides."